28 Jun Health & Taste Full – Green Chicken Tikka Salad
Even though we all love to eat but there are times when we have to switch those succulent hamburgers loaded with cheese with a few green leaves. Who says food can’t be delicious and healthy. A few little changes and voila you end up with a dish that not only tastes great but has numerous health benefits as well. My granny suffers from high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar problems. I felt really sorry for her when I saw the food she had to eat. So, I took the responsibility of feeding her. I went on the internet and searched for vegetables and herbs that can counter those health related issues. The most prominent among these were coriander mint and chilies. A little brainstorming and I came up with a recipe. May granny can’t get enough of it and well neither can I.
Green Chicken Tikka Salad:
- 2 Boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of mint
- ½ cup of low fat yoghurt
- 3 green chilies deseeded
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Thumb size piece of ginger
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Marinate the chicken in the paste for at least two hours.
- Grill in a pan (no need to add oil) and pour chicken mixture.
- After the chicken is cooked, Keep it aside and allow it to cool.
- Dress the lettuce leaves in a little olive oil.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the lettuce leaves.
Hope you will like this recipe, try it and let us know about your experience.